Department: Product Development
Reports To: Director of Technology
Location: Blue Bell, PA
PDS is seeking an enthusiastic, fast-learning programmer to join our product development team. This person will immediately jump into a variety of development projects using an array of languages. As such, you will quickly learn and gain expertise in multiple technologies as well as multiple components of the company’s software systems. Code bases include Visual Basic.NET, Visual C++, C-Sharp, ASP.NET, SharePoint, SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Write component software modules based on delivered specifications.
- Learn existing software modules to assist in developing enhancements and/or fixes.
- Assist technical support staff in finding and fixing reported issues.
- Write technical documentation for code that you have written.
- Participate in design sessions to design new components.
- College degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Knowledge of C-Sharp programming language and/or VB.Net
- Knowledge of C++ advantageous
- Knowledge of basic SQL (SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- Knowledge of Transact-SQL (SQL Server) and/or PL/SQL (Oracle) advantageous
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects
- Communications and team-related skills
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.